Becoming an expert in the culinary arts is a passion. First of all, this passion is nurtured from childhood or adolescence when you start cooking for the family. If you feel the urge to delight people with your dishes, don’t hesitate to enroll in a school for gastronomy courses. Nevertheless, you can be a professional cook if you possess the following qualities.
The indispensable qualities of a professional cook
You know, to become a professional cook, you need to be trained in gastronomy. However, you can be a pro in the kitchen if you possess the following qualities:
1. Have a very good physical condition and be resistant ;
2. Be able to handle the stress every day in order to overcome the recurrent and intense pressure in the gastronomy sector;
3. 3. be decisive and well organized
4. Be able to work with rigor in order to respect the strict laws related to the catering industry;
5. Versatility would be an asset to enable you to be everywhere at the same time:
6. Be creative;
7. Be a team player to work in a group.
The roles and missions of the professional cook
In gastronomy, the cook’s role is to prepare or make different dishes. He cooks the dishes from the starter to the dessert. The cook plays a role in managing stocks of raw materials and supplies. He also judges the quality of the dishes.
The cook is a real hygiene officer. As far as foodstuffs are concerned, the cook ensures that safety and hygiene rules are observed. The cook takes orders from the head chef.
The tasks of a professional cook are enormous. It is impossible to list them all. If you want to become a professional cook, you have to train. Even if you are a good cook, training is necessary to improve your skills.